Lion Hunting Africa
Every hunter's dream...
Take the challenge with us!
Since antiquity, the act of hunting lions was accompanied by valor and legendary retellings!
In many ancient civilizations, lions were reserved for the kings and their hunting expeditions. In modern times, however, lion hunting remains popular and Africa one of the top destinations. Tanzania has an estimated 40 percent of Africa's population of lions and it remains the one place where Safari Njema prefer to take clients on lion hunts.
Lions are unpredictable, agile, intelligent and vindictive. If it was not killed in the first shot, it will seek revenge. It may lie in wait and potentially charge at the hunter when wounded. When this happens it would typically target just one person in the hunting party and its intent will be to kill. Because they prefer to inhabit savannah grasslands covered with growing trees where their mane camouflages well with the underlying undergrowth. This means that hunting them during the summer is a very difficult task.
21-Day Full Bag Safari
|Daily Rates||Gov. Fees & Tax.||Rifle Permit||Total (p.p.)|
|1 x 1 - $49 500||$9 650||$300 x 1||$59 550|
|2 x 1 - Shared - $40 000||$9 650||$300 x 1||$49 950|
Charter to Hunting Area
(Prices are one way and calculated on max limit but can be reduced on back to back safaris subject to availability)
- Cessna 206 - $2500
- Cessna Caravan 1 - $3500
- Observer fee - $520/day
- prices may change without prior notice from the Tanzanian government!
- Accommodation - Fully Catered
- Hunting Licenses
- One Gun Import Permit
- Dipping, Packing & Crating of Trophies Hunted
- Government Development fee
- Conservation Fees
- Qualified Tanzanian Professional Hunter
- Well equipped 4x4 hunting vehicle
- Daily Laundry
- Soft drinks & bottled water
- Field preparation of trophies
- Trophy fees as per current price list
- Transfer to and from hunting area (road/charter)
- Tips for PH and camp staff
- Hotel accommodation before and after safari
- Personal expenses
- Shipping of trophies from Tz to taxidermist