Bird Hunting in Africa with Safari Njema
Bird hunting in Africa and especially in South Africa is outstanding. Of all the provinces in South Africa, the Free State province is the most popular destination for bird hunting. We at Safari Njema concentrate on the multitude of game birds as our main thrust in bird hunting.
Bird Hunting in the Free State, South Africa
Safari Njema has a secure concession in the central Orange Free State province of South Africa. This region has good infrastructure including airports, roads, medical facilities and mobile phone networks. It is also free of tropical diseases such as malaria.
Climate - In mid-winter, the evenings and early mornings can be quite chilly therefore warm clothing is advised.
Accommodation & catering - The accommodation is a comfortable lodge on the farm with seven double en-suite bedrooms. There is a large living room with a fireplace and a well-stocked bar where we recline in the evenings. The catering is of the highest standard.
Travel over weekends - Please take note that we don’t shoot on Sundays, and your safari will be planned around that. The clients will fly here and back over weekends and would thus only lose one working week. It will give the clients more than enough time to sample everything we have to offer.
All packages include:
- Transfers to and from Johannesburg Airport
- Accommodation, catering, and laundry
- Shooting licenses and permits
- All birds shot
- All transport to and from shooting venues
- Field staff, dogs, decoys and blinds
- Field preparation of trophies
All packages exclude:
- International and domestic airfare as well as charter flights.
- Animals on the list to be hunted.
- Any taxidermy costs.
- Dipping, packing and crating fees of trophies.
- Air cargo charges on shipment of all trophies.
- Accommodation before and after the safari if required.
- Gratuities for camp staff and professional hunter.
- Meals away from safari camps.